Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 coming to end...2011 new beginnings!


There are only five days left in 2010, five more days to sit and ponder the things I accomplished this year, and the things I did not.  I am usually the type of person who does not set new year resolutions (goals), but for 2011 I have a different outlook than I believe I had for 2010.

This past year had ups and downs for me, as I'm sure it had for many others.  I had a few goals that I met, things like reducing debt, reducing stress and beginning to change my health lifestyle.  These may not seem like large things to the average person, but for me these were minor victories.  I was able to reduce my debt by 20%.  I was able to reduce my stress by at least 50% with a new job and income increase and alternatives other than medicine.  I am proud of these small obstacles and hope to keep continuing on them.

Friends were a challenge this past year.  I learned a lot about people whom I thought were my friends, and those who truly are.  I strengthened relationships with friends whom at this point in my life I believe to be true, and I am slowly removing the others from my life.  I've learned that not everyone is going to like me and I am not always going to want to pretend to like everyone else.  I've come to that point in my life where people that matter the most are going to be the priority in my life.  I understand that pushing the "bad eggs" out so to speak can cause people to say bad things about me or criticize me, but honestly I really do not care what people think of me any more.  Yes, I want to be accepted and liked, but in the end it won't matter.  I have learned that a few really good friends is better than a lot of acquaintances.  I plan to continue to grow in this area and make a difference in the lives of those who do matter.


So hear it goes, my 2011 new years resolutions.  These are some goals I have for the 2011 year.
  
1.  Drop the rest of the weight I have gained and get in the best shape of my life.
2.  Try to get my healthy lifestyle to be 85% organic and good for my body.
3.  Make exercise a daily routine and enjoy it for it's health benefits and stress relief.
4.  Do something to give back to others/society, whether it be community service or some other non-selfish act.
5.  Continue to reduce my debt.
6.  Make my bonds with good friends stronger and continue to grow our  friendship on many levels.
7.  Travel out of the state of Texas at least twice.


I think these are good goals to begin with and that they are all achievable if I work hard and continue what I am doing.  I know there are other things on my lists of "to-dos" but these seven are what I really want to concentrate on.  So my journey to continue being healthy and a better person will continue into 2011 and hopefully I can learn from others as well as teach others the many things I learn on the way.


2 comments:

  1. I think those are great goals Christina!! You have accomplished so much this year. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, you have so much to be happy about and proud of! I'm so glad that you and I have become good friend and continue to grow and create realities in our lives that make US happy. Its so very difficult to stay focused on the things that truly matter sometimes and I'm grateful that I have your friendship. You allow me to be imperfect and also support me to improve.

    I believe your goals are possible and realistic. I look forward to sharing our successes and failures in 2011 and seeing where our strength, determination, and friendship takes us. Its gonna be a wonderful year!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete