Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Life changes for now

I haven't blogged in awhile, I've been busy with life in general.   Life has had so many ups and downs lately.  It's crazy how things can change in an instant.  Today someone from the car club we have all known for a very long time and was close to many of us passed away.  He died this morning in a motorcycle accident, he leaves behind 3 little girls and his family.  RIP Jimmy Arroyo.  We never know when our time is up or what is going to happen in a day to change everything.

I have been engaged since St. Patrick's day. No we have not set a date yet.  It was not expected and came out of no where that he finally asked me.  He asked me in front of my sister, her husband, his step-sister Shawna and a good friend of ours Chris Zamora.  He got down on one knee and presented me with a very pretty ring that has a black diamond for a center stone surrounded by smaller white diamonds in the bands.   It's not big or extravagant, but it is definitely me! We will probably plan a wedding in June of 2012, if we survive the so called end of the world in May...hahahaha.

Another big change, the original plan was to take over his mother's house, while they move to Illinois, well after we gave our notice and were getting ready to move, they went into foreclosure.  The bank owns the house now and there is no way to save it so we were left with no where to live.  It became a bad rush to figure out where to go next because our lease is up June 17th.  I finally found a house that was not swept out from under us and applied for it.  We were accepted and will move in July 1st.  Only problem was we had to ask apartment if we can stay till then.  They are letting us, but at a much higher market rate, our rent in June will be over 200 more than what it usually is, this sucks big time.  It will be tight financially the next few months, what with deposits and higher rent and needing to buy a refrigerator for the house. It is a very pretty house though, it is four bedroom 2 bathroom and a 2 car garage.  it sits on a pretty lot with a fenced in back yard.  It will be nice to be in something bigger for a change.  I am looking forward to the change.  Only thing I will miss is our pool, but I plan on buying an above ground pool to have fun in.

I'm considering going back to school for my masters, but I really don't wan to pay for it.  Is it weird that I miss school?  I've only been out for 5  years, but it feels like forever.  It will take forever to pay off the student loans I already have, but a masters degree is so enticing. We will have to see what the future brings :)

1 comment:

  1. Overall it sounds like some positive changes. I am sorry for your loss. Keep moving forward, Christina!!

    ReplyDelete